Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Walking for a cause..

Late March, I received an email, "Pledged for a cause" from my friend S.. I ignored it..I was too pressed for time with work, family and home, to think about my friend and her email.

A few days later, I received another email from her "I need your support" .. I shelved it to the back of my mind, promising myself that I would go back look at her cause, later and also fund her.. but time pressures and commitments came in between and that was put on a pending thought.

It took a couple of emails from her to jolt me from inaction to action, and I donated the money to her cause.. which was a walk for breast cancer. My thoughts were she is a little crazy to be doing this.. and why is she doing this?. Putting herself through a 39 mile walk to raise some money. But I didn't get a chance to pursue this thought much further.

Some time last week, we talked for over an hour,which we had never had a chance of doing ever since we left school...she was in training, walking her 5 miles to be ready for the big walk.. and I realized that this girl is commited to this cause and I was amazed..It takes a lot to be commited to a cause that does'nt affect you directly. One has to be selfless and determined to go through with this.. to be focussed on the end goal and the route to take. She was doing this walk, and she had her focus and determination in hand and in place. Distractions and other priorities had no place in this walk... S, you amaze me every single day.. I know I have told this to you before.. but when I think of you walking 39 miles in 2 days, on the 10th of July, I have to put you on a really high pedestal.

I will be thinking of you and suporting you in your walk.. don't think that you are doing this by yourself.. I am with you.. and I will be walking along with you from here.. as much as I can and if you feel the need to stop, I will goad you on..

Love
kavi..

No comments: